We are delighted that you have decided to publish your book with SUNY Press. We encourage you to download the author guide linked below and refer to it as you navigate each stage of the publishing process. We’ve tried to anticipate all of your questions in this guide, but inevitably there may be things that are unclear—if that’s the case, please reach out!
Download the SUNY Press Guide to Submitting Your Manuscript for Production
The guide is divided in five sections:
- Part 1 provides an overview to what you can expect in this process and introduces you to the members of the SUNY Press publishing team who will work on your book. It also includes a helpful guide to the various forms and resources we provide in the Author Tool Kit on our website.
- Part 2 is all about permissions: how to request them and how to submit them with your manuscript.
- Part 3 is a primer on submitting your final manuscript and includes important information about your role in marketing your book. (Hint: do a good job on your marketing questionnaire!)
- Part 4 provides detailed information about how to submit illustrations.
- Part 5 describes the different stages of production and your role in each. We encourage you to download this reference tool and refer to it as you navigate each stage of the publishing process.