At SUNY Press, we believe it’s important to have a collaborative relationship with our authors. We’re looking for authors and editors who share our belief in the importance of disseminating scholarly work. To help you determine whether SUNY Press is a good fit for your work, consider some of the core values we believe set us apart:
Rigorous peer review
- All our scholarly titles go through anonymous peer review and must be approved for publication by our Editorial Board.
- As a nonprofit academic publisher, we are committed to making available important research and ideas that might not otherwise be published if profit were the only motive.
Access and affordability
- We partner with the leading library, textbook, and retail providers to make sure our products are available wherever our readers want to access them. And most SUNY Press titles are available in multiple formats, including affordable paperback and digital versions.
- We have been publishing in our core subject areas for more than 55 years and have built a strong reputation and an amazing network. Our staff has more than 200 years of collective publishing experience and will give you the kind of personalized attention you need for your project.
- We know how important it is to get your work in front of the right people, which is why we work with you to identify the key outlets to place reviews, submit awards, and attend conferences and events to generate the greatest impact for your work. We’re also extremely proud of our record for publishing first-time authors and editors.
- We are committed to keeping pace with the ever-changing publishing world. We were one of the first academic publishers to embrace print-on-demand technologies and eBooks, and now we’re investing resources to expand our Open Access publishing capabilities.